Video: TAP Your Potential!
Above is a short teaser video for the Transformative Actions Program (TAP). We invite you to share it as widely as possible!
What is the TAP?
The TAP is a 10-year initiative by networks of local and subnational governments to accelerate the implementation of local action to tackle climate change.
Its aims include:
- supporting climate investment in urban areas over the next ten years;
- increasing the scope and quality of local and regional climate action;
- contributing to the elaboration of new finance mechanisms for local and regional climate action;
- encouraging multi-level cooperation and governance in the area of climate mitigation and adaptation; and
- raising the visibility of local and subnational climate action at the national and international level.
We know that cities and regions have ambitious, inclusive and cross-cutting climate initiatives. But these do not figure highly enough in global discussions, and are not brought to the attention of key implementation partners, including funders.
The TAP aims to change this. It mobilizes key actors and raises the profile of current and potential climate action at the local level. As a result, the local climate action that we need will happen more often, at greater speed, and with greater support and ambition.
How does the TAP work?
The TAP has a political ambition: to advocate for better access to climate finance for cities and regions.
And it has a local ambition: to connect subnational authorities with financial bodies, and to help cities and regions to design bankable climate projects.
Together, these actions will raise the ambitions of local authorities, accelerate climate action, and make these actions more visible, spurring more investment.
Join us and TAP your potential! Cities and regions should apply by 15 September 2015 – please visit the apply page for more details.
Would you like to join the wide range of partners on the TAP? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.