The Transformative Actions Program – Website User Agreement
(version 1, 2018)
Please read this User Agreement before accessing or using the Transformative Actions Program (TAP) website.
The following User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of a license for you to use the TAP website. By requesting access to view data and/or submit data, you have expressed your interest, thereby providing your consent and agreement to comply with all the terms and conditions of this User Agreement.
In these terms and conditions:
- “The Transformative Actions Program” (TAP): refers to the initiative that aims to catalyse and improve capital flows to cities, town and regions to accelerate low-to-no carbon and climate-resilient development. This website and database of projects is owned and operated by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI) World Secretariat. ICLEI World Secretariat is registered as a non-profit organization – ICLEI e.V. – in Germany and follows German data laws and regulations.
- “Registered users”: refers to local and regional governmental officials or their project partners that have created an account on the TAP website to find potential support and services from TAP partners to support their transformative local infrastructure projects.
- “TAP partners”: refers to those organizations which have committed to provide specific services to TAP applicants, in close cooperation with ICLEI e.V. These include a wide variety of organizations, including not-for-profit organizations (NGOs) and financial institutions. TAP partners provide, among other, the following services to registered users:
- Exploration of finding innovative financing mechanisms fitting and suitable to local demand;
- Capacity building and technical assistance on how to prepare a robust project concept, including planning, and feasibility studies;
- A thorough exploration of possible funding opportunities and financial strategies;
- Connection to other PPFs and strategic global and regional initiatives that offer additional technical assistance;
- Connection to other platforms;
- Matchmaking with potential investors and funding institutions.
- “Data Users” refers to any third party using, free of charge, the information contained on TAP website and available to the public, and hence subject to these terms and conditions.
3. Use of Data by ICLEI and TAP partners
ICLEI uses the collected data exclusively for information, research and analysis purposes, as well as to provide services to TAP applicants and for promotion of TAP activities of registered users. ICLEI does not use the data for commercial purposes.
By submitting their data on TAP, the registered users agree that those data will be accessed and used by TAP partners. The use of the data will be strictly limited to the commitments of the of the TAP partners, which is to offer commercial and non-commercial services to the registered users on how to develop and fund project to accelerate low-to-no carbon and climate-resilient development.
4. Data user rights
Access to public reported data for the general data user is free of charge. All published data indicated by the registered users as publicly accessible data can be viewed via the website data search function.
Access to data which are not made public is only possible for registered users and TAP partners. Any partner who aim to harvest data from TAP need to have prior authorization from ICLEI e.V.in order to have access to collected data. This should be requested via email to email@example.com.
The data user shall make reference to TAP as the data source and indicate the date of citation on any publication.
Should it be deemed necessary in cases of perceived misconduct, ICLEI e.V. has the right to limit or restrict access to the database for any user at any time.
5. User Identification and Passwords (where applicable)
The data users agree to assume sole responsibility for maintaining the security respecting the User Identification and passwords issued.
6. Acknowledgment of Source and Disclaimers
The data user shall identify ICLEI as the authentic source of any of the data contained on the TAP. Any identification of ICLEI as the source of data shall include the following disclaimer: “ICLEI bears no responsibility for the integrity or accuracy of data provided, in particular due, but not limited, to any deletion, manipulation, or reformatting of data that may have occurred beyond its control.”
7. Use of Trademarks
The users of the website do not have the right to use the ICLEI logo or the TAP logo.
All trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on the website / database are registered and unregistered trademarks of ICLEI and its partners. Nothing contained on this website and database should be understood as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of ICLEI or its respective partners, as relevant.
8. Intellectual Property
The data user recognizes that this particular form of compiling data is protected by database rights owned by ICLEI on the basis of the Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases.
All information and description of the TAP projects which can be found on the TAP website are the property of the registered users which have provided these to ICLEI e.V. for upload on the TAP website and database.
All forms of sub-licensing, reselling, republication or other forms of redistribution of any of the data or software used on the TAP – including Internet posting, electronic mailing, faxing, archiving in a public data, redistributing via a computer network or in printed form – to any third party, are strictly prohibited.
ICLEI reserves the right to modify this User Agreement at any time. Any revised User Agreement will be posted on TAP website. Modifications shall take effect immediately following posting of the new User Agreement.
ICLEI makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether expressed, implied in law or residual) regarding the website / database. Data inaccuracies, errors or omissions are the responsibility of the registered users.
External links may be provided for your convenience but are beyond the control of the website / database owner and no representation is made as to their content, for use at own risk.
12. Disclaimer of liability
ICLEI e.V.cannot be held liable due to consequences of inaccurate data and information provided by the registered users.
The website / database owner shall not be responsible for, and disclaims all, liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website / database, any information contained therein, your or your organization’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
13. Settlement of Disputes
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Agreement, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, that cannot be resolved by negotiation shall be addressed at the district court of the city of Bonn.