This website collects internet cookies from all its users. The purpose of cookies is to improve your online experience on our website by informing the webserver that you have returned to a specific page, which allows it to load the page faster with your personal features and to save time. Cookies are text files created from the moment you download the webpage and is stored on your computer by a webpage server. They are uniquely assigned to you and can exclusively be read by the webserver in the same domain which issued the cookie. They cannot be used to runs programs or viruses.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
None of the information collected via Google Analytics personally identifies you.
- For the purpose of the EU 2016 General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), ICLEI- Local Governments for Sustainability e.V. (ICLEI World Secretariat), based in Kaiser- Friedrich-Straße 7, 53113 Bonn, Germany, (thereafter ICLEI e.V.), acts as data controller.
- ICLEI does not have any responsibility on how other platforms and websites outside of the TAP collect, use and share users´ personal information, even if those platforms / websites may have a link on or from the TAP website. It is therefore the responsibility of the user to check in each specific case that other websites provide a safe environment for their personal information, secure from unauthorized access, use or disclosure (i.e. check their privacy policies).
- The TAP collects internet Cookies from all its users. The purpose of Cookies is to improve your online experience on our website by informing the webserver that you have returned to a specific page, which allows it to load the page faster with your personal features and to save time. Cookies are text files created from the moment you download the webpage and is stored on your computer by a webpage server. They are uniquely assigned to you and can exclusively be read by the webserver in the same domain which issued the Cookie. They cannot be used to runs programs or viruses.
- Examples of Cookies are the google analytic tools, used for TAP to collect information about your computer that is automatically provided to its server. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ICLEI for the operation of the TAP service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the TAP website.
- You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive feature of the TAP website.
3. Collected data collected from registered users
3.1 The TAP collects, through the registration process, the following personal information: surname and first name, email address, organization and job title.
3.2 An identification number is assigned to all register users. This user id can help ICLEI track any changes requested by the user when submitting data for the TAP.
3.3 You may communicate with the TAP team by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to provide updates on personal information (as it relates to the main contact for the TAP), which enables ICLEI to deliver the services your organization has requested.
4. Use of personal data
4.1 Personal data are used exclusively to ensure the effective functioning of TAP services provided by ICLEI. Thus, ICLEI.e.V. may use your personal data for the following:
- To adapt the presentation of the content of the TAP website for your use aligned to the technical specifications of your computer,
- To provide you with the services that you require from us,
- To get to know how ICLEI e.V. can improve services based on how you use them,
- To contact you for communications related with the service provided by the TAP.
4.2 Personal data might also be accessed and used by the TAP partners. TAP partners are organizations which have committed to provide specific services on project development and funding to TAP applicants, in close cooperation with ICLEI e.V. TAP partners access and use of personal data is strictly limited to the services they provide to the TAP applicants.
4.3 Third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide IT services to TAP (e.g. website coding). They are required by ICLEI e.V. to maintain confidentiality of your information.
5. Disclosure of personal data
5.1 The TAP does not use or disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, except in the following situations:
- In cases where disclosure is required by law,
- In good faith, when disclosure is made necessary to protect the TAP right of property, and/or the personal safety of its users or the public.
5.2 In the context of TAP services provided by ICLEI e.V, your personal data might be shared – with your prior consent – to external partners (e.g. project partners offering TAP services, funding agencies for projects, etc).
6. Data Storage
6.1 Personal Data are stored in the servers of ICLEI e.V., based in Germany, and are therefore subject to the German Federal Law on Personal Data (“Bundesdatenschutzgesetz”), as currently amended, and to the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation.
6.2 ICLEI e.V will hold your personal data on its servers for as long as needed to achieve the purpose of why those data were collected for the TAP. The appropriate duration of retention of personal data is determined by this, as well as their nature and sensitivity, also considering an assessment of the risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of those personal data. ICLEI e.V. will automatically delete all data which is no longer considered relevant for TAP purposes.
6.3 ICLEI e.V. is committed to the security of your data and consequently takes all appropriate measures to prevent the loss of your data or access without authorization. Access to personal data is strictly restricted to a limited number of ICLEI staff which are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6.4 In the unlikely event of a data security breach, ICLEI e.V. will promptly notify you and take all the necessary measures to protect your data.
7. Rights on your personal data
The 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation provides you with the following rights over your personal data:
- Access to your personal data
- Require the correction of any mistakes in your personal data
- Request the data controller to delete all your personal data from our severs (right to be forgotten)
- Demand the transfer of all your personal data to a third party (data portability)
- Forbid use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Restrict the use of your personal data to certain conditions
- Claim compensation for damages resulting from a violation of any applicable personal data protection laws.
All questions or requests regarding the TAP personal data policy can be addressed to email@example.com.